Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Sheila's Biscornu for June

                                                        
                                                               Rhodes ButterFly Biscornu                                                      Design by kincavelkrosses            
                                          Stitched with Sulky Blendables & Mill Hill Beads          
                                                               Stitched by Sheila                      

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Froggy's June 2010 Biscornu




Hello everyone,

Im new to this blog and I absolutely love it!
Want to share my June Biscornu. Design was taken from Own Two Hands website. I used white 14 count Aida, and green thread. Sweet!

Thursday, 24 June 2010

Anita D's June 2010 Biscornu


Elizabeth Almond "Lilac Time"
Stitched with Valdani overdyed floss and Mill Hill Beads
Stitched by Anita D

Friday, 18 June 2010

Butterflies biscornu

Hello,

I am new to this blog, but I want to show you my newest biscornu:


Fabric: Zweigart linen Cashel, colour Antique white
Tread: DMC No.52
Stitched by Audrone
More photos available at Saules zuikutis.blogspot

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Kathy's May biscornu...yummy!

This is a Sweetheart Tree Teenie Tweenie series design called Strawberry Quilt Block which was perfect to make into a biscornu. Stitched on 28ct pink evenweave. The back is plain, with a glass heart bead, also pink. It's just yummy!

Olia's(hohla) May 2010 Biscornu



Biscornu Reguljarnyj Park
My design: Olia's (hohla)

Friday, 11 June 2010

Kell's June Biscornu



Design: Rhodes Butterfly Biscornu
Designer: Kell Smurthwaite, Kincavel Krosses

I thought I’d try a few specialty stitches this month. I pretty much stick exclusively to cross stitch and blackwork, so this was something of an experiment for me. I used:

- Rhodes squares
- Rhodes butterflies
- Algerian eyes
- Ray stitch
- French knots

I’m not particularly fond of French knots and thought it was about time I got over my dislike, so I decided to add quite a few to this design! I almost wimped out and used beads, but in the end, I plucked up the courage to go the whole hog and do the knots. I’m quite pleased with how they turned out and by the end of it; I think I’d finally got a bit more comfortable with doing them. I’m still not overly fond of them, but I know now that if it’s required, I can do them and not have them look completely dreadful!

I used two sparkly fabrics I received in a Polstitches grab bag. Both are 28-count linens, but one is a light tangerine colour, the other is pale lemon, and they moth have a slightly mottled effect. In order to have a bright and contrasting biscornu, I chose to do my stitching in bright pink and orange. I had bought two little gold butterfly buttons for the centre, but as I decided to stitch over one instead of over two (as I had originally planned), they were too large for this project and I used two orange beads instead. Those little butterflies will definitely get used at some point in the future though – they’re too pretty to leave!

So, here I am, half way through the year with half of my biscornu finished!