Monday, 11 January 2010

Kell's January 2010 Biscornu


Front and back views

Design: From 2010 Pattern-a-Day Cross Stitch Calendar (3rd December)
Materials: 18-count ecru Aida; Madeira silks 0801 12, 1003 13, 1803 12; white ribbon; snowflake buttons; Minicraft supersoft toy filling

My first biscornu of the year for my Basket of Biscornu challenge. I used only the central part of the design from my Pattern-a-Day Cross Stitch Calendar for 3rd December and chose to stitch it in Madeira silks in soft pastel shades of blue, lilac and silvery grey. On the reverse, I left one quarter of the central design unstitched and instead stitched:

Kell
January
2010

I plan to stitch my name, the month and the year on each of my twelve biscornu.

The zig-zag border on both the front and reverse are stitched in two strands, but the rest of the design and the texgt is all stitched in a single strand.

8 comments:

  1. It is really lovely Kell I cannot wait to see what else is to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your combined use of double and single strands gives texture to your biscornu and the idea of leaving out the 4th quarter for your name and date is a great idea too.

    Thanks for sharing these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!very nice job...you finished them beautifully...

    Thanks for sharing...

    ^A^ngel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely biscornu.... can't wait to see what u stitch for Feb.

    socialsue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your kind comments. I'm busy stitching my February biscornu now - a blackwork design of my own devising! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your biscornu are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks just like a giant snowflake - lovely!

    ReplyDelete