Friday, 31 July 2009

Jeanne - July

Fabric: aida 16 ct.
Thread: DMC

I chose this design to compliment my sunflower button. I changed the pattern a bit to coordinate with the button.

********************

Thursday, 30 July 2009

Tigerin81's July Biscornu

For my July biscornu I chose a nice design by Elizabeth's Designs originally called "Dragonfly". But in my colour pallette it calls for another name - something like "Autumn Leaves", I guess.
The back is green fabric with leaves print.


Designer: Elizabeth Foster
Fabric: 28 ct. Apricot Zweigart Linen
Floss: Threadworx cotton overdyed, DMC
Finished size: 10cm (4 inches)

Olga's July Biscornu

Here is my little July biscornu



I used fragment from "A Rose For Every Season" by Patricia Ann.

Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Jayne's July Biscornu

Here is my July Biscornu in my favorite colours.

Jayne

Monday, 27 July 2009

Svetalilu’s July Biscornu

Here is my July biscornu. Design from The Sweetheart Tree ”Renaissance Romance”. Fabric: 32 count Linen.
Threads: DMC. Glass beads.

Gabys July Biscornu


I made a real big Biscornu and I like it ;-))



Sunday, 26 July 2009

Missy's July Biscornu

Here is my July Biscornu. I loved stitching this one.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Hummingbird Biscornu Freebie found at xstitchhappy

Not one for the basket but...

...thought I'd show you it anyway. I made this for my dd's teacher. It is Olga Teague's Wisteria biscornu and it just looks so sparkly in real life. So, I can't classify it as one of my monthly biscornus as I don't have it :-( but thought it would be a good place to post it anyway.x

DSC04781

DSC04775

I changed the back slightly to personalise it

DSC04777

xx

Friday, 24 July 2009

Antonina's (lovebiser) July Biscornu

I found this sweet chart in old issue of Lena special, which my friend forget at my home. I was looking for nice colorful flower for biscornu in June with no luck. So I was happy to find this pattern in magazine which originally is the clip hunger for napkin. I worked it on 28 white linen with Anchor thread.

Rosemary's July Biscornu


I love daisy's they're in full bloom at the arboretum. The design is a freebie from http://www.stickfee.de/ . I used 28ct white linen and blue & yellow Anchor thread. It's the negative space that makes the blossoms. It reminds me of summer and fresh linen towels.

Friday, 17 July 2009

Lesley's July biscornu

Bargello biscornu

Design is a coaster from the book 'Bargello: A Fresh Approach to Florentine Embroidery' by Brenda Day. Stitched on 18ct mono canvas using DMC threads.

Monday, 13 July 2009

Marie's July Biscornu

Sweet Pea and Honeysuckle Biscornu - designed by Faby Reilly
Fabric - 32 ct white linen
Threads: DMC

More photos of it can be seen at Faby's website as I was lucky enough to be able to model stitch it.

Tomi's July Biscornu





It's my July Biscornu.
Faby Reilly Designs - Poppy Biscornu
Fabric: 32 White Murano
Threads: DMC.
Beads and buttons

Sunday, 12 July 2009

Terry's July Biscornu


Well, I didn't start it until July 4th, so I did pretty good on the time if I say so myself. This is another design taken from the breadcloths leaflet that I have. But this time instead of putting the four sides together, I reversed them around so that they butted up against one another instead of creaking the four corners. You can't see it from this picture, but I used an old Needles Necessities that I had that was red, white and blue to use for my backstitching. The sparklers on the firecrackers are hard to see as well, but in person they show up quite nicely. Thanks for looking! I can't believe that we're now more than half way into this.

Saturday, 11 July 2009

Melissa's July biscornu

Violet Biscornu
From New Stitches magazine issue 194.
Stitched 2 over 1 on 18 count antique white aida.

Friday, 3 July 2009

Kathy's July Biscornu

Hi all! Happy 4th of July in America! I finished my July Biscornu late on the 3rd and won't be able to post tomorrow, so here it is! It is by Alexandrina of the Matryoshka Biscornu blog, and is called the Summer Butterfly Biscornu. It made me think of fireworks, so I used some 28ct white evenweave and leftover Dinky-Dyes silks, stitched it over 1 and made a little 2 inch fob. I tried the trick of plain fabric on the back (strengthed with the same evenweave) and I think it turned out great (if a bit fiddley with such a small biscornu!). Once stuffed it was nice and smooth on the back.