I never put so many stitches into a square space before, but I love the results. I've been stitching on it all month. It's stitched on 32 ct. Belfast linen using ThreadworX overdye floss. Finishing was done with petite beads and I rouched a 3/8" ribbon. The center is all petite beads too. Design is by Judy Odell from her "Attic Collection". Check out her website at http://www.justathought.net/. I hunted high and low for copper colored ribbon but couldn't find any in time so green looks nice too. The photo includes a very old wooden box from my grandmother, some wooden spools from my mother, and the tuffet is my addition. For finishing, I fused interfacing to the inside and instead of a center button I just used a very strong quilt thread and sewed back and forth from back to front. It's holding together very well and stitches don't show. What do you think? I think next month I will make one with less stitches.
I finished this little puppy at 2:15 am this morning. hee It's a freebie from http://sablaise.over-blog.com stitched with GAST Cherry Wine on white linen. This was a really fun, quick stitch. I had the front stitched in one night. The buttons are from my local frenchy's, they have buttons in baggies for sale, and I found the button before I picked floss. The beads I already had in my stash.
This is my February biscornu. I decided against a bead in the middle, as I thought it would detract from the inner part of the design. The pattern is at http://www.sebadesigns.com/ …I think…or it may be at her blog……which I don’t have the addy for. The variety of biscornus on this blog is wonderful....and inspirational!
Here is my February biscornu. I have chosen a Debbie Draper design and repeated the centre medallion on the back. I decided not to use buttons or beads because it didn't want to cover up the centre medallions.
Here is my February Biscornu. It is called Beaded Heart Biscornu by Polstitches Designs and I bought it from Sewandso (I can't download any of the freebies as I don't have a workable printer!).
I have changed it slightly from the original pattern, on the larger hearts there was a twirl effect above the star, but I left that out as I didn't like it. I also didn't use the suggested colour of a rainbow thread because I wanted to go for reds because of it being hearts and I chose the black for the border to make it stand out more. It's not often I have the courage to alter a design or stray from the suggested colours, but I'm really happy with the way this one has turned out.
This is a chart adapted from Plate 22 of "101 Folk Art Designs for Counted Cross Stitch," by Carter Houck (Dover Publications). I changed the center of the design in order to make them true heart shapes, and to utilize a glass bead for the center.
It is stitched with overdyed Victorian Sampler thread on linen.
Here's my february biscornu, I almost forgot to post it! I designed this one myself using patterns from an old book about Karelian embroidery. The fabric is VERY uneven 28ct lugana and I had some trouble putting this one together, as you can see from the corners.
Well, I haven't looked in the blog since I finished my January Biscornu because I didn't want to be influenced by all the beautiful designs I'm sure I would have seen for February. So, I dug through my stash and came up with this one. It is from Papillon Creations called Heart Of My Heart and is a freebie on the website and comes from a larger design. So imagine my surprise when I saw that someone else stitched this one! I stitched mine on Carnation Pink linen and used WDW - Camellia for the lighter pink, and GAST Claret for the darker pink. I used 2 different buttons because I didn't have 2 of the same, and liked the look of each of them. The fabric doesn't show up too good, but it is a nice shade of pink. Thanks for looking!
Here is my February Biscornu....hearts and chocolate make it Valentine's Day for me. I am sorry to say that hubby cleaned off my desk this afternoon and threw the chart out because he knew I had finished the stitching...I looked, but I have a ton of heart charts on my computer so no luck. I'll try to find it and come back and edit the post (aaaarrrrgggghhhh!). Anyway, it's on 14 ct white aida, using DMC, and it is a free chart if I can find the link. I'm not extremely happy with the open space around the button, but I do want to keep this button as it is an antique from my mother's collection so I may add some feather stitches or something in those holes. Enjoy. Yoyo
So I'm done with February. Hearts this time, as a tribute to Valentine's day. This is a design by Atalie from her 12 months series.
Stitched on 28 antique white evenweave with DMC Rayon floss. It turned out really big, the biggest in my collection so far. Maybe I should have used a higher number count, say 32. But I like it the way it is.
The edge is done with pearl pale green Czech 10/o size beads. The hanger is beads + ribbon.
Here is my February biscornu! This design is from a fellow blogger Kissy-Cross (Kirsten Schmidt) and is from a post on August 8th of 2008. Scroll down a bit and you will see this unique biscornu pattern! I used a bit of leftover Summer Sky opalescent Silkweaver fabric, and DMC. I used a shade darker blue for the flowers in one corner so they would be more visible on the blue fabric. It was started on 2/2 and finished 2/4/09.
My dear friend Hazel Henry had the lovely idea of making a Basket of Biscornu, the idea is to stitch one biscornu every month starting from January and by the end of December you end up with 12 pretty biscornu to put into a basket. The designs can be anything you want themed, seasonal or just a random one you like.