Wednesday, 18 March 2009

March Biscornu Rosemary


I noticed that Tracy asked us to title our posts like the above format, so I made a sticky note to remind me :). I saw this B on another site last year and have been wanting to make it ever since. It has a very light delicate look as the firefly charm seems to float over the blossoms. I attached the center firefly charm with a loop of petite beads. Fabric: 28ct linen waterlilly?, Pattern: Elizabeth Little leaf Designs, used suggested fibers; Charms: center dragonfly came with the pattern and I bought extra from my local bead shop for the 4 corners, not the same but close enough; Beads: MH petite #42036 along the edge and I used 1 bead for each whip stitch; Center buttons were found in my stash. I makes me think of summer...

6 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, Rosemary! I love the dragonflies you added at the corners, and your stitching and beadwork are flawless. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary, your biscornu is so elegant and light. The charms and beading definetly add to its beauty.
    I believe that the choice of the design says something about the stitcher. So, my compliments on your taste!

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Rosemary, I love the way you did the charms on the corners

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunner Rosemary!!! Stop adding to my 'must have' list lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks stunning Rosemary, I love the dragonflies

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's charming with all these charms!

    ReplyDelete