Saturday, 28 February 2009

Rosemary's February Biscornu


I never put so many stitches into a square space before, but I love the results. I've been stitching on it all month. It's stitched on 32 ct. Belfast linen using ThreadworX overdye floss. Finishing was done with petite beads and I rouched a 3/8" ribbon. The center is all petite beads too. Design is by Judy Odell from her "Attic Collection". Check out her website at http://www.justathought.net/. I hunted high and low for copper colored ribbon but couldn't find any in time so green looks nice too. The photo includes a very old wooden box from my grandmother, some wooden spools from my mother, and the tuffet is my addition. For finishing, I fused interfacing to the inside and instead of a center button I just used a very strong quilt thread and sewed back and forth from back to front. It's holding together very well and stitches don't show. What do you think? I think next month I will make one with less stitches.

5 comments:

  1. It's very pretty.
    How do you rouch ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning! The ribbon looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your biscornu is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete